Introduction to Equine Massage Certificate
This certificate is designed to give you an insight into Equine Massage. It contains much about the horses anatomy as you need a thorough understanding of this in order to know how massage works and influences the horse, as well as stretches and massage techniques that you can use on your own horse at home
Who is this course written by?
This course is written by Emily Thorp, an experienced equine sports masseuse. Trained by world renowned veterinary physiotherapist Mary Bromiley FCSP SRP RPT(USA) MBE. Emily gained a diploma in Equine Sports Massage with ITEC, the International Therapy Examination Council. Emily works with some top competition riders and their horses and is a talented show jumper herself.
- Course Material
- Anatomy Pack
- Access to private video clips on You Tube of various massage techniques being demonstrated
- 11 Learning Activities
- Two Assessments – one online test and one assessment of practical skills
- Tutor support throughout the course
Who is this course for?
- Horse Owners wanting to learn about techniques for warming their horses up, cooling them down, using stretching and massage techniques in order to maintain their health, welfare, and soundness.
- Horse Owners wanting to learn to massage their horses themselves as part of their daily and weekly routine.
- People wanting a ‘taster’ of massage, perhaps thinking of a career in Equine Massage or Physiotherapy
- Students wanting to learn more about the anatomy of the horse, particularly related to structure and movement
“Received my certificate and can’t wait to get it on the wall. Would highly recommend EDL to anyone thinking of expanding their equine knowledge. Tutors are helpful and very quick at responding to any questions. I have a BSc in Equine science and am currently studying an Msc in vet Physio. So studying the Intro to equine massage course gave me a real good head start, plus my horse and his field mates absolutely love all the massages their getting now. Happy ponies happy owners. 5 🌟 recommendation from me and Baz 😃“
Jade Payne, October 2016
“I am really enjoying working through your course material and I’m finding the activities extremely useful. I have been using my new knowledge acquired from your course to practise different massage techniques on a variety of different horses. By having a better understanding of how massage effects the horse in so many positive ways, has give me the confidence to improve the well being of each individual horse depending on their personal needs. I also feel a sense of achievement when I am able to know what is best for each horse.
Emily’s feed back is excellent I can use this to help me improve my techniques. I have thoroughly enjoyed this course and would highly recommened this to anyone who would like a better knowledge of massage and horse anatomy. I feel I have learnt so much. Thank you for being so very supportive and encouraging through out the time of my course. You have made me feel at ease being very approachable and available on stand by at any point to answer my questions.”
You may either pay in full, or in three instalments. Payment methods are by Paypal, or BACS. If you wish to pay by cheque, please contact us.
To pay for the course in full is £195. Or you can pay over three Instalments; each one is £71.67.
If you would like the course posted, please enrol and then contact us to arrange an additional payment of £20 for a hard copy of the course.
ENROL ON THIS COURSE NOW
Please select your course payment method, and then click Enrol and Buy Now.