Ride with Confidence - Instalments
Learn sports psychology skills to dramatically improve your confidence in riding
This Ride with Confidence course uses the principles and techniques from Neuro-Linguistic Programming to help you overcome your fears, control your state of mind and RIDE WITH CONFIDENCE! ‘What you believe, you will achieve!’
Combining her experience of teaching and her psychology skills, Sarah has written this course, to give you a snapshot of NLP, to help you work out where your lack of confidence comes from, and to give you a multitude of exercises and ideas to help you become more confident and relaxed and realise your full potential.
What is included in this course?
The following modules are included in this course:
1. Reasons for Losing Confidence – Helping you to understand where your fears and anxiety comes from and the reasons for them.
2. How Our Minds Work – Many people find that this information revolutionises the way they think. Once you understand how your mind works, you will then understand your feelings and how to change them.
3. Confidence Techniques – Learn simple techniques in induce a state of confidence and other exercises such as Anchoring.
4. Language – Learn how the power of language can make you feel different. Certain words can change the complete meaning of a sentence and can therefore affect how positive you are feeling.
5. The Power of your Imagination – Learn about the power of mental rehearsal and how to develop effective.The Ride with Confidence course uses the principles and techniques from Neuro-Linguistic Programming to help you overcome your fears, control your state of mind and Ride With Confidence!
As you work your way through the Course, you will complete Learning Activities and place them in a file to make up your Ride with Confidence Portfolio. Your Portfolio will then be sent to the team at Equine Distance Learning and you will receive feedback and your Certificate! On completing this course, you will also come away with a toolbox of exercises that you can use on a regular basis and that will enable you to enjoy your riding, achieve your goals and feel success. You may also find that the knowledge you take away from this course changes the way you feel, act and behave in other areas of life outside riding. This course is completed via distance learning, without the need for you to travel anywhere. You can work at your own pace and around your other commitments.
- Six modules
- Full tutor support throughout the course
- Fourteen Learning Activities which help you to build a portfolio of techniques and skills relevant to you personally.
- Opportunity to ask questions and communicate with other students as you work through the course.
- An additional opportunity to get Individual feedback and further ideas/techniques for progression given on submission of this portfolio.
Who is this course for?
- Any horse rider, regardless of level, who would like to gain more confidence in their riding, whether this is learning to canter, hacking or jumping. This course will help you with any aspect of your riding that you feel requires progress.
- Perfect course to complement your riding lessons to ensure you make faster progression than you would otherwise.
- Also great if you have had an accident or a fall that has set you back and you need to build up your confidence once more.
- Students wanting to learn more about sports psychology and the power of the mind.
- Great for riders that have taken a break from riding and have lost some of their confidence whilst not riding.
Would you like to pay in Full?
The full cost of the course is £120. If you would like to enrol now and pay in Full, then please click the link below that will take you to the Payment in Full page.
"I have really enjoyed doing this course and I have since purchased an NLP book. I have certainly learnt a lot about myself having completed this course which has been interesting. So wish I had done something like this many years ago but hey I have completed it and sometimes learning new things come along at a time when we need it most!"
Belinda Vincent, February 2016
Sarah Tame, a BHS Stage 4 Senior Coach in Complete Horsemanship, has trained numerous students up to Pony Club A test, BHS Stage 4 level. Sarah competes herself in BE, BS and BD events and holds her NLP Master Practitioner Certificate in Sport. Sarah holds an FdSc in Equine Studies and has 8 years experience of lecturing at an Equestrian College where she has acquired valuable skills in writing courses, assessments and in helping students to achieve. Her City and Guilds Level 5 Certificate in Further Education also guarantees you will receive high quality teaching material. Sarah is currently studying for an MSc in Equine Science at Hartpury College.